Saturday, October 25, 2008

Six Random Things

My sister-in-law tagged me (Hi, Arlynda!). I'm supposed to tell six random things about myself, but I'm having a hard time coming up with six things that are both random and interesting. Oh well, here we go:

1. I hate scary movies. Harry Potter is about as scary as I can handle. No kidding, I was looking over my shoulder for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named for several weeks after seeing the latest one.

2. I'm seriously considering home-schooling my children for many, many reasons, but am not sure if I'm cut out for it. Quite frankly, the thought scares me to death. But I truly am considering it for the sake of my children.

3. I'm pretty good at keeping up with washing, drying, and folding the laundry, but I have a hard time putting it away. I'm not sure why, but it will sit clean, dry, and folded in the basket for a week before it gets put away.

4. I prefer natural child-birth to using an epidural. In my experience, the side-effects of an epidural are not worth the relief, and I think it's better both for the mother and the baby (mom has faster recovery time, baby is born alert and undrugged). But that's not to say I think women shouldn't use epidurals. If that's what suits your fancy, go for it. 5. I used to be able to leg-press a thousand pounds! The key words here are used to. I'm ashamed of how I've let my muscles turn to Jell-o. That was back when I lifted weights three times a week and ran the other three (I rested on Sundays). These days my idea of a workout is chasing my toddler up and down the aisles of the grocrery store. 6. There are a few things I'd like to do but never have: earn at least a purple belt in karate, graduate from beauty school, and become an awesome photographer. Is that random enough?
I tag: Heidi, Laura, Heather, Andy, Jefferson, Marie, and Leslie (I'm supposed to tag ten, but don't know that many bloggers).
Copy and paste the cute graphic below, write your six random things, and then tag ten people!

2 comments:

Heathie said...

Check out Pioneer Woman's site for some homeschooling helps:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/
She's got all kinds of good info on how to find resources, what to teach, et cetera. Almost makes me want to try out homeschooling, but I don't think I'm organized enough.

Leslie said...

A thousand pounds??!! Wow!! (I would do your tag, but I can't think of 6 random interesting things about me--I'll keep thinking, though.) Oh, and I have your pictures for you--I'll call you and drop them by.