Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm It!

I wasn't actually tagged, but my sister-in-law was, and I liked the idea, so I'm tagging myself.
Here are the rules:

1. Open your first photo folder
2. Scroll to the 10th photo
3. Post the photo and the story behind it

This is what I found:

This photo brings back some good, happy memories. This is my husband and my oldest son, and if you look closely to the left side behind my husband, you can see my second son's little arm poking up out of the carseat. He must have been only about three months old here (he is now three years!), which would make my oldest two (he's now five!). It was a beautiful spring day in 2007. We decided to have a picnic lunch up in the canyon. It turned out to be a fun, sunny, wonderful family outing. One of my favorite memories, actually. This was when we still lived in the first house we ever lived in after being married. I miss that house sometimes. It is the only place aside from my mom's house that I grew up in that has really felt like home. All the other places we've been in have either been relatives houses, or we didn't stay long enough to make it feel like home. Don't get me wrong, I love our new house, but it's not quite home yet. We are still getting settled. I hope we will stay here long enough to really make it feel like home. And I hope to make a lot more warm memories like that picnic in the canyon.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

OH, so fun! I can't wait for it to warm up enough to do stuff like this!