Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gro Baby Review

I need to clean the kitchen and get ready for church tomorrow, not to mention catch up on my Book of Mormon reading, but I just wanted to post another quick review (you're all dying to read my diaper reviews, right?)
Tonight's review is on the Gro Baby Organic Diaper, which I thought would be my favorite, but it wasn't. It retails at $24.95, which includes the diaper and one soaker pad.





What I liked about it:

ORGANIC: Who doesn't like organic?

ONE-SIZE: I like that it's a one-size-fits-all diaper, which means you can use it the entire time your baby is in diapers. This is accomplished by rows of snaps in the front, which, when snapped together, cause the material to fold over itself, making it smaller. There is also a long row of snaps along the front to adjust the waist size. It's a good system, but I like the Fuzzi Bunz sizing system better, in which the actual elastic is lengthened or shortened to adjust the size.

EASE OF USE: This diaper is fairly easy to use. You don't have to pin or fold, but you do have to snap the soaker pad (which basically looks like a big maxi pad) into the diaper.

What I didn't like:

UNSNAPPING YUCKY SOAKERS: The idea of snapping the soaker pad into the diaper is okay, but the problem is that you have to unsnap the wet, dirty soaker before washing it. I didn't figure out a way to do this without getting my hands wet/soiled.

LEAKS: Once the soaker pad gets wet, it tends to bunch up since the only thing holding it in place are two snaps, which can lead to leaks.

ONLY ONE SOAKER SIZE: Even though the diaper is highly adjustable, it only comes with one size of soaker. It was too big for my 15 lb baby, and seems like it would be too small for a toddler.
Overall, this seems like a high quality diaper, but it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. It does come in a lot of cute colors and prints, which is a plus.



No comments: