Wednesday, December 2, 2009

BumGenius AOI Review

It's been one week since I received my package of cloth diapers, which was long enough for me to choose a favorite. I'll be writing a short review of each diaper I tried, with the winner coming last.

Today's review is on the BumGenius all in one diaper. Retail Price: $15.95

What I like about it:

EASE: This is a very easy diaper to use. No folding, no pinning, no stuffing. It comes on and off just like a disposable, but instead of throwing it in the trash, you throw it in the diaper pail to wait until wash day.

FIT: Elastic on the waist and legs give this diaper a very snug fit, which makes leaks unlikely. The fit is trimmer than prefolds or one size diapers.

LOOK: Lots of cute colors available

What I don't like about it:

DRYING TIME: Because it truly is all-in-one, it is a very thick diaper which makes for a long drying time. When my other diapers were bone-dry, this one was still damp. This was my biggest turn off for this diaper.

APLIX CLOSURE: I worry the aplix (think Velcro) will wear out. It also can scratch the baby, and may not last as long as snaps. Oh, and it doesn't look as cute as snaps.

Overall, this was a very good diaper. It is near the top of my list, but not my favorite. I would recomend it to those who want a convenient way to cloth diaper.

2 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

Are these the ones with the inserts?

Lura said...

No, these do not have inserts. They are just one piece. All the absorbancy is permantly sewn into the diaper. I like the ones with inserts better because you take the insert out to wash and dry them, which gets them cleaner and they dry a lot faster.