Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camping with Cousins

We had a fun time last week. My brother, his wife, and four kids came to visit, as well as my sister and her two kids. The boys loved having their cousins here. We went hiking, camping, and canoeing. Here are some photos from the week.
My dad grilled hamburgers and hot dogs over an open fire while we were camping. I had a hamdogger. Doesn't it make your mouth water?

This kid is working on his second hot dog, after having TWO hamburgers! I think he ate the most out of anyone there (which included both pregnant and nursing moms)!

Here's my two-year-old with his cousin who is the same age. Yummy dinner!


And here he is with another cousin, who is just six months older. Dessert!


Getting ready to go out on Grandpa's canoe.
Heading out onto the lake in hopes of catching a fish.
He was a little disapointed about not catching anything, but he had fun out on the canoe anyway.
And to top the week off, two of the kids went to the emergency room on Saturday. My brother's two-year-old daughter smashed her thumb in the sliding door of their mini-van, and within half an hour, my two-year-old had stuck a small, plastic ball (the size of a bee-bee) in his ear. It was pretty deep, and I knew if I tried to remove it, I would do more harm than good. The doctor sucked it out with a tiny vaccuum. Too bad we didn't get a picture of the two of them in the emergency room toghether!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This was a great trip. I was glad that the emergency room visits turned out well.